Daily Devotion of Psalm 130

Daily Nugget:
Psalm 130 reveals several points that will help the child of God receive more answers to their prayers. They include:

  1. “… I cried unto thee…” Psalm 130:1
    A “cry” is a sincere, earnest plea. This type of prayer comes from a heart that knows there is no other way to receive what is desired except through God to whom the request is directed. 
  2. “ … be attentive to the voice of my supplications.” Psalm130:2
    A humble, earnest request shows God a reliant, dependent heart, trusting on His intervention and help.
  3. Realizing that God owes us nothing. All are sinners, but God is forgiving (Psalm 130:3-4), and He will still intervene if it is His desire. 
  4. Wait patiently for God’s answers to prayer. When God intervenes in our situation, it will be the way He deems is best, and when it is the right time (Psalm 130:5-6).


Listing things off like reading a shopping list often does not get God’s attention to meet one’s requests. God knows the heart of the petitioner and will be more inclined to hear and grant the prayers of those with genuine trust and reliance on His intervention. Pray sincerely and know that He is able and is your only source of help.
“The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” Psalm 34:18

Today’s Thought: 
“I can take my telescope and look millions and millions of miles into space; however, I can lay it aside and go into my room, shut the door, get down on my knees in earnest prayer, and see more of Heaven and get closer to God than I can be assisted by all the telescopes and material agencies on earth.” — Sir Isaac Newton

Words to Understand:
Supplication: “Entreaty: humble and earnest prayer in worship…” — Noah Webster, 1828: a sincere request.

Today’s Reading:
Psalm 130
1 A Song of degrees. Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
5 ¶ I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion in Psalm 150

Daily View Devotion in Psalm 148

Daily Devotion in Psalm 149