Daily Devotion of Psalm 143


Daily Nugget:
“Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.” Psalm 143:10
In this Hebrew hymn, David pleads for God’s help.  He asks God for something that is very wise to request and is that which will always keep one from having regrets in life.  The leader asked God to teach and show him His will.  If we know God’s desire and follow it, we will always be where and what God wants us to be and will accomplish what He has planned for us.

Unfortunately, our fleshly desires are often followed rather than God’s way, and we find ourselves in a harmful situation or wrong direction.  All our mistakes in life are because we did what we wanted and did not seek God’s guidance in our decision making.  God’s leadership is never wrong.

Knowing God’s will can be found:
  • In His Word, the Bible. In the Word of God, God has carefully preserved examples of others facing similar challenges with which we may have to face.  We can learn from other’s examples.
     
    We can find what God desires from us and demands we not be involved in.  When we read and study God’s Word, the Holy Spirit will also use conviction to keep us from making the wrong decision or direct us to the path God has for us.
    We can find what God desires from us and demands we not be involved in.  When we read and study God’s Word, the Holy Spirit will also use conviction to keep us from making the wrong decision or direct us to the path God has for us.
  • By hearing similar sources repeating the same conviction that was placed in our hearts.  Often, God uses preaching, Christian peers, books, and other’s advice to reinforce what God desires for us to do. If God wants us to know something, He often lets us hear it more than one time from different sources.
    “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.” Prov. 11:14
  • By following open doors of opportunity in the direction you are seeking. If you really want God’s will, you should allow Him to direct you or stop you from going or doing the wrong thing. If your desire is not possible, accept that as His will. If you misread His direction, He can always create the opportunity again.
  • If you believe it is God leading you to do the idea or change what is on your heart. God will NEVER lead anyone to do something sinful or wrong!By being aware when your prayers are answered.

If you do not know what to do, or God’s direction is not clear, continue to do what God has already shown you to do until He shows you otherwise! Be patient! If it is God’s will to do something, He will make it possible in His timing. You may be in a hurry, but God knows it may not be the proper timing.

God does not desire to play guessing games with those that desire to follow His leading. He will make it clear when He sees fit. Will you let God say “no” to your request if He desires, and will you obey His direction if He shows you? If so, God will lead you in a plain path if you ask and wait for His clear leadership. You can know God’s will and way in your life.
“Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.” Psalm 27:11

Today’s Thought: 
“There is but one question and that is ‘What is the will of God?’  That settles all other questions.” — William E. Gladstone

Words to Understand:
Supplications: requests; asking submissively

Today’s Reading:
Psalm 143
1 A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.
2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
4 Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.
5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
7 ¶ Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion in Psalm 150

Daily View Devotion in Psalm 148

Daily Devotion in Psalm 149