Daily Devotion of Psalm 116

Daily Nugget:
“I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.” Psalm 116:1-2

One of the positives about being a child of God is, we get to talk to our Daddy in Heaven. He not only hears our complaints, pleas, and supplications, but he often answers them.

Some take this ability to communicate with our Creator lightly, but it is a privilege and honor to be able to converse with Him. Who are we that He would incline “his ear unto me”? He is God. There is nothing He needs. He owes us nothing, yet He listens to our prayers.

What a blessing it is to be able to speak to the One that is responsible for all on this Earth, yet that privilege is neglected often. Sadly, it takes a catastrophe in our life until we reach out to the Solver-of-Our-Situation. Perhaps that is why we have more “emergencies” than we would expect, just so we can show our helplessness and turn and rely on Him. That is what He desires of us; He wants our fellowship and for us to be dependent on His help.

I have prayed most of my life, although I was not saved until I was 28 years old. I never got prayers answered, and I thought that was just how it was. We talk, and He listens.

Even after being born-again, I continued to pray, but it took a while until I realized that He was answering my petitions. A friend, who knew I was seeking God’s intervention in a matter, commented one day saying, “Hey, you were praying about that and God answered your prayer!” From that point, I was more aware that God was answering my requests.

Many are just like I was. We do not realize what He has done much of the time. Perhaps we would be more aware of His help if our request dropped out of Heaven in a gift-wrapped, bowed package and a note explaining, “From God with Love.” It does not work that way, obviously.

We must be more astute and sensitive to His meeting our requests how He deems fit. He does hear and answers the requests of His own children. Christian, are you regularly speaking to Him?

Today’s Thought: 
“Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.” James 4:2

Words to Understand:
Afflicted: vexed; troubled; distressed
Compassed: surrounded; covered
Supplications: requests

Today’s Reading:
Psalm 116
1 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
10 ¶ I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.
12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
14 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
16 O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
18 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people,
19 In the courts of the LORD'S house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion in Psalm 150

Daily View Devotion in Psalm 148

Daily Devotion in Psalm 149