Daily Devotion of Psalm 62

Daily Nugget:
“To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.” Psalm 62:1 Also: Psalm 62:5.

One of the most common weaknesses, found in Christians also, is impatience. Many want what they desire now, and often wonder why God is taking so long to answer their requests. “Why it’s already been 24 hours, and God still has not answered my need.”

God is then written off as a “no show,” and the impatient one attempts to solve the problem himself. Usually, the impatient do-it-your-selfers fail to solve the situation and often regret their decision and solution. Sometimes their seizing the predicament just prolongs and worsens the situation they were facing.

David learned early that he must wait on God. God hears the prayers of His people. With the confidence he had in God, it was just a matter of time before God intervened in the situation, so David just awaited for God’s help to arrive. His Father in Heaven was the only one that knew and did the right thing in all situations.

The leader was assured and was willing to wait patiently because there was no one else as reliable as God to whom he could turn. David was convinced that God was:

  • His security. God was never-swaying, and always a trustworthy “rock” (vss. 1,2, 6, 7, 8).
  • His savior from trouble (vss. 1, 2, 6).
  • His defender (vs. 2, 6, 7).
  • His source of expectations (vs. 6).
  • His source of pride (vs. 7 – “glory”).
  • His source of trust (vs. 8).
  • His source that would listen to all that was on his heart (vs. 8).

In David’s mind, there was no other that could deal with what he was facing. He was patient and let God do the right thing — in His timing. We must also be restrained. The world revolves around God’s timeframe, not ours, so wait for God’s assistance.
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:14

Today’s Thought: 
A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains. — Dutch Proverb

Word to Understand:
Jeduthun: a lead musician

Today’s Reading:
Psalm 62
1 To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.
4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
8 ¶ Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
9 Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
10 Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11 God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion in Psalm 150

Daily View Devotion in Psalm 148

Daily Devotion in Psalm 149