Daily Devotion of Psalm 43


Daily Nugget:
“O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.” Psalm 43:3

Commentators point out this Psalm is prophetic about the Tribulation and the antichrist during that time. However, there is an important principle taught in this verse that applied to the past and does pertain to the present.

That principle is that all, especially Christians, should read, believe, and follow what God has preserved in His word, the Bible. It was preserved so that all would know the mind of God and what He desires of each of us.

It is not just an old book that is interesting. It is the Word of God. Many have seen what following God’s commandments can do in one’s life. They found the Bible so important that many sacrificed much so we would have it today.

In early centuries before it was in the language of the common man many died rather than deny its worth and Author. Lives were lost by many so that we could have it today. Missionaries have given up lives of ease so that more could hear the words of God. Countless believers have sacrificed what this world had to offer and suffered great humiliation and often physical suffering so that others could have God’s truth.

The Bible is the most important book ever to be written. It will “lead” the reader and follower to a righteous life. If wholly believed and trusted it would guide one so they can have a place in eternity with the Lord. The words of God will tell one how to live, how to die, how to please God, how to succeed, how to fail, how to work, how to have peace, and It has the answers to thousands of queries a person will have while living on this Earth.

God’s Word is the light that will direct one’s way through this dark and sinful world. It will lead many in His direction and can give the believer God’s promise of Heaven one day.

Is it just a book to you? Have you never read it? Are you obeying God’s commandments? If not, you are missing God’s wisdom and guidance that will change your life.

Today’s Thought: 
A young Christian packed his bag for a journey and said to a friend, “I have nearly finished packing. I have in my suitcase a guidebook, a lamp, a mirror, a microscope, a telescope, a volume of fine poetry, a few biographies, a package of old letters, a book of songs, a sword, a hammer, and a set of tools.”

“But you cannot put all that into your bag,” objected the friend.

“Oh, yes,” said the Christian. “Here it is,” and he placed his Bible in the corner of the suitcase and closed the lid. — Author Unknown

Words to Understand:
Oppression: affliction; distress

Today’s Reading:
Psalm 43
1 Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
2 For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion in Psalm 150

Daily View Devotion in Psalm 148

Daily Devotion in Psalm 149